Hola! My name is Josefina Eliggi, I am a certified pre- and postnatal Yoga teacher.
I grew up in Argentina and moved to Switzerland in 2011. I studied fine arts and fashion and textile design in Buenos Aires, and completed a master of arts in design in Lucerne (CH).
I took my first Yoga class back in 2002. I started practising more regularly during my studies in Switzerland in 2012. In subsequent years I completed a 200-hour teacher training course (RYT 200), and got certified as a pre- and postnatal yoga teacher.
In 2015 I became pregnant with my first child. I tried prenatal yoga during this special time and discovered a new dimension to the discipline. I had a difficult birth that marked my passage into motherhood. Yoga then became a vehicle to heal the trauma of my birth experience and come to terms with how things unfolded. And although I was never particularly fit and didn’t have a lot of spare time, I managed to establish a daily yoga practise as part of my self-care routine.
I’m passionate about helping women embrace the changes that occur during pregnancy, navigate the first few months after childbirth and rediscover themselves in their new role as mothers.
Aside from Yoga, I love going for walks, textiles, design, art, books, Indian food and travelling with my family.
If you are pregnant and want to prepare holistically for one of the biggest transformations of your life, sign up for my free Balanced Before Birth yoga series. If you’re a busy mum and need some “me time”, join my free Self-Care Challenge for Busy Mums.
- Birthlight Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training (ZH) – with Gisela Collazo (in training).
- Peristeam Facilitator, PFc – with Keli Garza, Steamy Chick.
- Birthlight Diastasis Recti workshop (ZH) – with Gisela Collazo.
- Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training, Mamata Yoga – with Clare Newman.
- Yoga Meets Science anatomy workshops series – with Jules Mitchell (YACEP).
- Birthlight Perinatal Yoga Teacher Training (ZH) – with Gisela Collazo.
- 200-Hours Yoga Teacher Training, Sanapurna ZH (Yogalife) – with Poonam Stecher Sharma And Sanjeev Bhanot